Friday, October 13, 2006

4 months

Today was Rachel's 4 mos checkup. She did so well with her shots today - it was terrible though because last time the nurse did it SO fast that she barely had time to scream. This nurse did it ONE at a time - a shot and then a bandaid.. I thought I was going to die... her face turned so red when she was screaming that I thought she would explode. What kind of nurse tortures babies like this?? But she only cried for a few minutes after it was over and I had her smiling shortly after... whew...

Her stats.. she is 15lbs 2oz and 25 1/4 inches.. both are at the almost 90%ile. Her head though, they said, is 15 3/4 and only the 25%ile. The doc is not concerned because her head is growing at the same rate plus she is developing so well. But I was a little concerned because her head circumference went from 55%ile to 45%ile to 25%ile. So Steve and I measured her head last night a zillion times and it measured a little over 16 inches every single time. That nurse must be new - (her skills on giving shots leave a lot to be desired!) I could tell she didn't seem confident in what she was doing. She didn't look much older than 21... anyway, a head circumference of 16 at 4 mos puts her back in the 50%ile.

Anyway, the doc had her sitting up and was amazed. She even rolled over for him. He said she'll be crawling at 6mos.. yikes! Although Jason sat up at the same time and he started crawling at 7mos.

No comments: