Jason has been out of sorts now for 3 days. We have no idea what has been going on with him. At first we thought he might be sick. Thursday night, we asked him if he was and he said he was cold and felt sick. He didn't have a fever. But shortly after, something peaked his interest and he was fine. Friday morning, when he woke up, he said he was sick again. But shortly after, he was fine. This morning, he was to start his second session of swimming lessons. He LOVES being in a pool. But yet this morning, he made a firm decision that he wasn't going and then cried about it for a long time. He tried to explain he didn't like the "back flip" thing the last time he had lessons, but I finally realized (way later on!) that he meant "floating on his back". I have really tried to talk to him... going so far as to ask whether he likes kindergarten in a way where he might actually think that if he said "no" he wouldn't have to go. But he consistently said he likes kindergarten, so if that is not it then I don't know what is... maybe he is still adjusting?
On a lighter side, Jason was playing with this toy car tonight. He gave this car a realllll long story that consisted of all sorts of tricks it could do and he mentioned something about the driver going to jail. I said to him "Jason, what is jail?" At first, he laughed and told me I already know what jail is. I told him I didn't so this is the definition he gave me: "Jail is a room of pink stuff where you go and your arms and legs get stuck. After a while, the cops come and open the wooden door and let the person out. But the room is not always pink. Just sometimes."
You just gotta love a child's imagination! He starts so many sentences with "Did you know.....? Did you know something??" And then goes on and tells some bizarre story. I love listening to his stories.
With all that is "new"for him in the past few weeks, I am starting to somewhat dislike the fact that he is "out there" in the world; even as small as it is right now. I wish he was Rachel's age again. I'm sure that it's all very normal but still... I really loved when there was nothing else in his life but us or anything that could really touch him. Selfish? I am ok with that. :)



.gif)


No comments:
Post a Comment