Everything happened so fast, but sadly we lost Mickie today. On Sunday, we noticed he wasn't around all day. On Monday night, he went to the vet and the vet said he weighed 6lbs and wasn't doing well at all. He wanted to know if we wanted to put him to sleep or run blood work. Well, how do you put a cat to sleep when you don't know what is wrong with him?! Yes, he is 15 and will be 16 in April but still - it could be something minor, right? Wrong. they ran the blood work and he had off the charts severe kidney failure. We then knew it was the end for him. :( At 4:30, Steve and I went to the vet. I held Mickie in my arms for about 10 minutes and then the vet sedated him and then.... well... you know. It was so heartbreaking.
The one thing Mickie will be a legacy for is FOOD. All is his life, he ate faster than I have ever seen a cat eat. He would steal the other cats food, he would beg for our food when we were eating and he would be on top of the table the minute someone walked away from their plate. He ate so fast, he would often throw up. Mickie really loved his food! He also owned Disney World with his late wife Minnie. It was his empire.... he even worked with me at my last few jobs and got himself fired everywhere he went. Oh wait, this is the fantasy world that Steve created for his life....never mind. I'll probably keep his facebook page up. Yes, he had one.
I found Mickie in a newspaper ad in June, 1994. He was the last one of a litter to be picked up and I was told his birthday was on April 27. I was only 25 years old, living alone, and I picked him up and brought him back to my apartment at Harpers Point. Since then, I have lived in several apartments and this is our 2nd house and he has moved with me whereever I went. Throughout my 20s and most of my 30s I had a trio of cats - Mickie, Minnie and Patch. Minnie died 3 years ago at age 10. Patch died 2.5 years ago at age 16 and now Mickie at age 15. It's the end of an era for me and I miss them all so much. We still have Patches, she is 2. Will there be another tuxedo cat for the Simkos? Steve says no, but we shall see. It's so hard to attach yourself to these furry little guys and then lose them. They just don't live long enough. RIP Mickie, I will always love you and miss you!!!




.gif)


No comments:
Post a Comment