Rachel had her 18 mos checkup today. She is 23lbs. (35%ile) and measures 31.5 in (45%ile). Her head measures 18 1/8in (38%ile). She is on target (or ahead) developmentally. All is looking great with her!
Friday, December 14, 2007
18 months
We have had some concern that she might have an allergy or sensitivity to eggs. Several times that she ate eggs she would break out in a rash on her face. It's not consistent and it doesn't occur with foods that have eggs baked in them but regardless, the doctor thought it would be best to test her (i.e. DRAW BLOOD).
Holy cow. I have never heard a toddler scream like she did. She got two shots today as well and after that she would scream at the top of her lungs whenever anyone walked in the room. They had 3 people in the room in attempt to draw blood from her. Two, actually got ON the table with her in an attempt to hold her down. She SCREAMED so loud I actually had to leave the room. Thankfully, Steve was also there and stayed with her. It didn't help me much to leave because I could hear her no matter how far I would walk from her room.
This went on for 10 minutes and they were unsuccessful in getting the blood. Her vein kept rolling so they got some blood, they didn't get near enough. So.. we now have a script to take her down to Children's Hospital to do this. I don't know if it's going to happen anytime soon. This appointment could likely have caused her to develop a major fear of doctors... seriously. You had to be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.gif)


1 comment:
It doesn't get any better with age! Drew went for his 11 year well child visit last week. He had to get 3 vacs. He was hiding under the table from the doctor! I had to hold him down for the doc. He said, "I did not sign up for this!"
Andrea
Post a Comment