Thursday, December 6, 2007

best buds

Jason has always been "fairly" frightened of Patches and her "deadly claws" since she joined our family this past summer. He was so frightened that his night time routine of tons of hugs and kisses was dramatically altered after her arrival. Pre-Patches, we left his door open, at least half-way, after we said our good nights. Post-Patches, we had to close his door tight, every night, to assure that Patches could not get in his room, (or worse, his bed!) and scratch him to a very slow death...

Two weeks ago, Patches was declawed and we are happy to report she is doing very well. We have tried to explain to Jason that Patches no longer has her claws but I think he was in denial for a short period of time. Tonight, for the first time ever, Patches was sleeping in Jason's bed when we put him to bed. He was very receptive to her staying there after I proved to him 2,3...20 times that her claws were in fact, gone. It was a very long goodnight... I truly expected to remove her from the bed within 5 minutes of the last "good night".

An hour and a half after Jason went to bed, I walked into his room and took this picture. It's SOOO sweet. I would never had guessed that Patches would still be in his bed. Jason is sleeping and Patches is ummm..... still awake? I think I woke her up. :) Good job Jason! I DO think she really will become "your" cat - just like you said tonight. Take good care of her... YOU are now responsible for cleaning her litter box...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures,jason looks like an angel. now jason has a real stuffed playmate now.also i loved all the other pictures too.OH the oven and cookie one is just to cute !!!!rachel is so cute will she become a nuddie?