Friday, July 25, 2008

I got him...

I have written, quite a bit, in this blog about Matthew Kelly - the best selling author of the "The Dream Manager and about 14 other books. I have been in contact with him since I went to his Chicago "Living the Dream" event back in June. I have been trying to work "something" out with him where he could assist me in implementing the Dream Manager program at work. He is such a phenomenal author and speaker that I knew he could be the only one who could do it right. But...as a best selling author, many times over, it goes without saying that he is a VERY expensive investment.

Well... I am SHOCKED and thrilled to announce that he has agreed to come to our company, at a fraction of the cost he would normally charge, to roll out our Dream Manager program. With todays economy, we simply could not afford to pay him even close to his typical charge. I know he will make a world of difference to our employees! What could motivate a person more than a company who is willing to invest into his/her personal and lifelong dreams?!

Matthew truly lives out his writings as he is doing this to help *me* fulfill one of my dreams. I think that is absolutely amazing for a man of his caliber to take the time he does to help the "little people" as he emails me and has called me *personally*, rather than having his staff (which he does have) handle it for him. Knowing that he is a such a genuine person in "real life" truly validates his writings in my mind and makes it that much more valuable.

It just goes to show that if you want something bad enough you just have to go after it without any fear or doubt that you can make it happen. I don't know if I even could have persistently gone after this as I did, if I hadn't read a few of his books. What an interesting paradox that is...

On a shameless plug, I highly recommend another one of his books the Rhythm of Life. I downloaded the audio version of it, last weekend, and listened to it in my car all week. It is truly a life changing book for any person who is looking for the answer to "why am I here and what is my purpose?" and wants to learn how to become "the best version of yourself." (It is non-work related). I have since downloaded a few others. What the heck... I don't mind being a Matthew Kelly "groupie". I could be much worse things.... :)

He will be at my company on August 22. It goes without saying that you will definitely see an update on this topic right around that time!

No comments: