Monday, August 27, 2007

motivation

Several weeks ago, I went to a local Human Resources Society meeting and saw the most exciting, motivational speaker. I was lucky enough to make contact with him and I brought him in to speak today at our company's lunch 'n learn. His name is Brian Blasko. He was fantastic. A bit whacky (in a good way!), but he speaks with such contagious energy and positive attitude that you can't help but feel charged up after hearing his program. Motivation... you don't realize how powerful it is until the right person is delivering the right message in the right way.


His philosophy on life relates everything to driving a car. We are the "internal engines"of our lives and he teaches how to "recharge" our fuel to develop our true potential. He relates potholes to life's obstacles and gives real strategies to dealing with these roadblocks. His favorite saying is "I GOT GAS". And he YELLS it and makes everyone else do the same. Some of these comparisons of our lives to cars are put forward in such a common sense way that it really sticks with you. I don't typically have programs of this type "stick" with me as much as his program did. One of my favorite sayings from the program is "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?"

From Youngstown, OH, Brian travels the country giving these seminars. He is a nationally acclaimed and recognized public speaker and everyone seemed to enjoy his program. Brian authored a book on this topic and I was lucky enough to get an autographed copy. To learn more visit his site here. You can also order his book off amazon.com. I highly recommend it!

Ahhhh... Brian would be so proud of me for promoting me on this site! I bet he'll even give me a discount if we bring him back to do another program!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

He seems like I really neat motivational speaker. Melanie could probably benefit from listening to him speak or by reading his book. Her teenage attitude is less then catching.lol
When I have a little more time I'll check out his site.