My dad's funeral was last Tuesday, November 12. That night, at my mom's house, we had a wonderful prayer service. The Rabbi, the Cantor, and so many people came. I saw people I hadn't seen since my sunday school days. It's comforting to see how many people care.
I want to thank all my friends, family, and neighbors for the warm cards and emails and wonderful food, and flowers. I feel very grateful to have such great people in my life . You know who you are... Thanks again, it's very touching to get such an overwhelming amount of support. :)
When the chaos settles, it really is glaring how different things are and will be. This is Thanksgiving week, and as painful as it might be, there are still so many things to be thankful for. Life is short, so we must appreciate all that we have while we have it. My dad has always been at Thanksgiving dinner and since the loss is so new, our family is going out to dinner this year. He will be missed, that is for sure. The holiday months are going to be hard but I am sure that my dad is watching over us and will carry us through it.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
the new normal
Posted by
Jessica
at
7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.gif)


No comments:
Post a Comment