It's been well over 10 years since I have been to the WEBN fireworks. We didn't plan to go to actually "see" them today, but we did head down to the festivites. We spent our time on the Kentucky side - the Ohio side seemed lacking.
We did walk across the Purple People Bridge back into Ohio but we didn't stay there. We spent some time checking out all that was going on and then spent a lot of time trying to figure out where to eat! It's not easy to make this decision when 500,000 some people are milling around. All the riverboat restaurants were either reserved for private parties or were reservation only.
We ran into this sign in our search for food. When do you ever see that?? The kids got free juice boxes from this place. For some reason this was incredibly impressive to me!
We decided to eat at Brios right on Newport at the Levee - surprisingly, there was no wait! The food was really good. We ended up leaving at 7:30. It's just too difficult to be out that late with the kids when it would likely take hours to get out there and get home. I really wanted to stay though - it just would have been too difficult. We did get to watch them on TV though. These fireworks make EVERY other fireworks, that I have ever seen, seem like a show put on by a bunch of kids. I forgot how incredibly impressive they are. I am glad we left - we could never had seen the rainfall off the bridges or any other of the "lower" spectactular fireworks from where we would have been. When it was going on, and we were watching it on TV (hey we had all the lights off!) I wished I was there but when it ended, I was SO glad I was already home!
And so summer ends...



.gif)


2 comments:
“Free drinks” doesn't mean wine anymore? :)
Man I miss Cincinnati!!!!
Post a Comment