Saturday, August 16, 2008

totally 80s

This flashback to the 80s event also was at Kings Island tonite. When we walked past it, I knew we didn't luck out by happening to be in the right place at the right time during some awesome 80s concert. In fact, this show happens daily, a bunch of times a day, but this is the first time we ever saw it.

Look at these outfits! (click on it! make it bigger!) I swear I don't remember people dressing like that and especially in bright orange... I do remember that neon colors were big but I don't remember the 80s being so "colorful". I'll give them the BIG HAIR though! Maybe things don't seem to stand out when you are living in the middle of it?

The singers didn't have the greatest voices but they went through a ton of snippets of classic '80 tunes in 30 minutes and I was lovin' every minute of it! There was some Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Tina Turner, and even a snapshot of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video! Ahh... they even threw in a bit of Footloose and Flashdance!

Jason was absolutely mesmerized by these dancers. I guess it's just a matter of time before he starts making fun of all "my music". That's ok... I'll have him loving it before he knows better...

1 comment:

Traci said...

LOL! I don't remember the outfits being that extreme.