Wednesday, July 18, 2007

not friends

Jason is very big on giving us ultimatums and when he gets upset he will tell us that we are not his friends anymore.

Tonight he drew all over the tablecloth with a red pen. I told him he knew better, and because of that, I would not read him a story before bedtime. He said "that's good, because I didn't want to hear a story".

When?? When did this "attitude" type stuff start? last week?

So I told him that he wouldn't get to watch a show before bed either.

Right before bedtime, Jason told me that if I didn't let him watch a show he would not be my friend anymore. He said it, ohhhhh, 10 or so times.

But after no show and no story at bedtime, when we put him to bed, he hugged me and said "I love you even though you are not my friend. I can still love you when you are not my friend".

Sweet boy. ;)

No comments: